Saturday – Sunday, May 4th – 5th, 2019
Harrison Hot Springs Resort
100 Esplanade Avenue
Harrison Hot Springs, BC
COPE National is proud to host our 2019 AGM and Convention at the Harrison Hot Springs Resort.
Can anyone attend? Electrologists or ‘Students in Training’ do not have to be affiliated with any association to attend, all are welcome!
COPE National is very excited about the “Spring 2019 Convention” and we look forward to connecting and meeting with you again! Those of you that attended the February 2018 Symposium in Vancouver will confirm the successful event we had, the attendance was greater than expected even with the unexpected ‘snow storm’!
Why you’d benefit? Experience the company of other ‘electrologists’, discuss your experiences and take part in ‘continuing education’ all together with others in the same profession. How often have we found ourselves wanting to talk to another regarding a difficult client, new equipment and other situations.
We are really looking forward to connecting with new and old friends, come and join us! Consider bringing your family and extending your stay – a mini holiday that you can write off under “convention expenses”. Book the time off, make your reservations and join us for an event that is “just for you and your business”.
- Registration Deadline: Registration fees must be confirmed and paid for by February 28th, 2019
- Registration Options:
- Registration Fees:
- COPE National Members: C$175 (see everything included with fee)
- Eligible if a “Member In Good Standing”
- Eligible if have received your COPE National Certificate before Feb 28th, 2018
- Non-Members: C$300 (see everything included with fee)
- Guest: Want to bring a guest to the Saturday evening banquet? You’re welcome to do so – please indicate this intention on the registration form.
- Official receipts emailed once registration is complete.
- COPE National Members: C$175 (see everything included with fee)
- Fri May 3 – Abbotsford Airport to Harrison Resort: Arrangements have been made to have a shuttle bus departing from Abbotsford Airport to Harrison Resort on Friday, May 3, 2019. (time to be determined).
- Shuttle Times: Shuttle time will be set once we have received registrations and known arrival times of attendees.
- Who Can Shuttle: Any attendee may take the ‘shuttle bus’, you do not have to be flying into Abbotsford, you can ‘car pool’ to Abbotsford and meet the bus!
- Sun May 5 – Harrison Resort to Abbotsford Airport: There will also be a shuttle bus departing Harrison to Abbotsford on Sunday, May 5, 2019 in mid afternoon. Again, we will determine Shuttle to Abbotsford on Sunday to assure no one misses their scheduled flight.
- We encourage attendees to arrive on Friday afternoon to participate in the beauty of Harrison Hot Springs, their special springs and pools and to meet and greet with fellow attendees on a more casual setting.
- Please be up and ready to begin at 9:00am Saturday morning.
- 8am – 9am : CORONET ROOM // EXHIBITORS
- 9am – 10am : BREAKFAST
- Continental breakfast (included in your registration fee)
- Exhibits are open in the CANADA ROOM
- 10am – Noon : AGM // CANADA ROOM
- Annual General Meeting of COPE National Membership in the “Canada Meeting Room” to include ‘elections’ and order of old and new business.
- Nominations are open for the position of President, Vice President after which the new board will appoint a Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Chairperson and other Directors and sub- committees.
- As a member please give consideration and arrange, in advance, your nominee for these positions. **Nomination Forms** are attached for all positions at the end of this form.
- Note to COPE National Members re: AGM:
- Members – Your attendance is compulsory. Depending on where you are located, it might be a good idea for you to arrive on Friday afternoon to attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) Saturday at 10am.
- Non-members of COPE National are welcome to attend the AGM as guests
- OR you can have the entire Saturday morning to arrive at Harrison, enjoy the amenities, shop for supplies and/or have a demonstration with the Exhibitors in the Cornet Room.
- Your Saturday morning continental breakfast and Saturday lunch is included in your registration fees – do take advantage of this benefit.
- Noon – 1pm : BUFFET LUNCH // CANADA ROOM
- Buffet lunch (included in your registration fees) is in the “CANADA ROOM”.
- Exhibits are open.
- 1pm – 1:45pm : CANADA ROOM // JAMIE TOUROND, MSsN, NP-F
- Jamie Tourond Bio: Family Nurse Practitioner who lives and works out of Abbotsford, BC. Graduating as a Registered Nurse in 2004 she practiced as a Critical Care RN in Emergency Medicine. After eleven years as a full time RN went back to school to obtain her Master Degree, through the University of Northern British Columbia, in the ‘Family Nurse Practitioner Program’, graduating in 2015. Jamie now specializes in Primary Health Care, Transgender Care and Women’s Health (including, but not limited to PCOS), working at the Abbotsford Youth Health Centre, First Nations Health Clinic and runs specialized clinics for Transgender individuals and IUD insertion clinics weekly. Jamie’s ‘practice philosophy’ is to increase access to healthcare, for all populations, that is grounded in a trusting and therapeutic relationship. Jamie Tourond is excited to have the opportunity to interact with our group of electrologists, she is a great speaker that interacts on all levels with her audience. You will all be impressed and educated!
- Questions & Answers: “Yes”
- 1:45pm – 2pm : COFFEE BREAK // CORONET ROOM
- 2pm – 2:45pm : CANADA ROOM // VERONICA ALLENGER, CPE
- Veronica Allenger Bio: Veronica Allenger (Ficner) CPE has been passionate about electrolysis since she started treatments at age 14 for excessive hair growth after a PCOS diagnosis. Despite being discouraged by her entourage to start her own business, she followed through with the Swanson’s Canadia School of Electrolysis 500 hour program, opened her own electrolysis office in 2009 and has now been doing Electrolysis for over 10 years in Ottawa, Ontario. She has come to be very passionate about being a solid support for women with androgen excess disorders and the LGBTQ2+ community. In 2016, she hired two staff to join her growing practice, all while her and her husband welcomed a new addition to the family. Veronica is a leader in the Canadian Electrology field and a proud supporter of community and networking for Electrologists.
- 2:45pm – 3pm : CANADA ROOM // TRANS GUEST – Q & A Session
- 3:30pm – 6pm : CANADA ROOM // Q & A SESSION // Jamie Tourond, Veronica Allenger, Trans Guest
- Floor will be open for Questions & Answers to Jamie Tourond, Veronica Allenger & Trans Guest.
- We are all encouraged to take part in this “Round Table Discussion”, please come prepared with questions, you will get your answers! What an awesome opportunity for all electrologists!
- 6pm – 7pm : DISCUSSION / EXHIBITORS / OWN TIME
- Further discussion with speakers, friends, colleagues
- Exhibitors are open
- Or enjoy time on your own
- 7pm – 9pm : WEST FORUM ROOM // DINNER (All included in your registration fee)
- Buffet Dinner
- 50/50 Draw
- Silent Auction
- 8am – 9am : CORONET ROOM // EXHIBITORS Open
- 8am – 9am : CORONET ROOM // BREAKFAST
- Continental breakfast in the (included in your fee)
- Exhibits are open
- 9am – Noon : CANADA ROOM // SHERMAN HU, Award-Winning SEO, Google Trusted Photographer
- Sherman Hu Bio: Sherman Hu is happily married to Sarah for 23 years with 2 young ‘adult’ children. Sherman loves to laugh with family and friends over good food and insightful conversations and his definition of success is the love and respect of his family. He helps small businesses achieve top visibility on Google and increasing calls, visits and sales via Google Maps, 360 virtual tours and Local Search. When speaking at workshops and conferences, he’s known for making geeky topics easy to understand, injecting fun and humor, and engaging his audience with actionable tips and hands-on learning.
- Topics Covered:
- (Segment #1: Website & Conversions) “Top 10 Critical Factors Your Website Needs To Make Google Happy & Get Visitors To Trust & Book With You.” (Q&As plus critique of 3 attendee websites if time allowing)
- (Segment #2: Google My Business – GMB) “Top 10 Critical Factors Your GMB Needs To Make Google Happy & Engage Your Visitors To Trust & Book With You.” (Q&As if time allowing)
- (Segment #3: Video Production & Optimization) “Top 10 Critical Factors To Self Shoot Video Affordably And Powerfully For Engagement And Conversions”
- Noon : FAREWELL LUNCH // CANADA ROOM
- Lunch is included in your registration fee
- SATURDAY: Continental breakfast, lunch and banquet buffet at 7pm included
- SUNDAY:Continental breakfast and lunch included
- COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS: (see photos and details at HarrisonResort.com)
- 5 hot springs pools
- Use of all hotel amenities to view all attractions
- Lodge Net TV with video checkout
- Complimentary WIFI
- Telephone with voice mail
- Complimentary bathrobe
- Coffee/tea will be available morning & afternoon each day in meeting rooms
- Saturday Silent Auction, 50/50 draw and a ‘fun’ program during banquet
- Accommodations at Harrison Resort are your own responsibility
- Please contact the Harrison Hot Springs Resort directly for your room reservation: 1-800-663-2266
- Visit www.harrisonresort.com to check out the style and location of rooms that suit your needs.
- Type/Cost of Guest Rooms:
- Reduced ‘group’ room rates have been negotiated for COPE National attendees.
- All rooms are subject to:
- 3% Municipal Room Tax (MRT)
- 8% Hotel Room Tax
- 5% GST
- Taxes subject to change by government
- $199/night: East Tower: Newest building, 2 Queen Beds per room, all have balconies
- $189/night: West Tower: Closest to the hot pools, 2 Queen beds per room, all have balconies
- $179/night: West Wing: Standard rooms, 2 Queen beds per room, large windows, no balconies
Membership Application Mailing Address
Canadian Organization of Professional Electrologists (COPE)
c/o Verna Conat
2822 Oakridge Cres. Prince George, B.C. V2K 3X6
Tel: 1 (250) 970-0222
The Society for Clinical and
Medical Hair Removal, Inc. (SCMHR)
American Electrology Association
Association des professionnels en électrolyse et soins esthétiques du Québec (APESEQ)